ATCO Structures and Logistics
2013 Saw Scott Construction awarded with the Forward Earthworks Package for the 77000m2 ATCO Factory in Hope Valley through direct negotiation with the client.
- 77000m2 Hardstand and Factory
Retaining Wall Design,
- 30 000m3 of cut to fill through sand and rock
- 17 000m3 of excess removed from site
- In house redesign of retaining walls (originally designed as “Bessa Block” retaining walls.
- SC&D designed the site for Mass Limestone Retaining Walls
- Approximately 1 Km of retaining walls installed a heights up to 12 courses.
- Collaboration with the client and the building works as a cost plus.
Post the successful and timely completion of the FEW, Scott Construction were engaged directly through the client to complete the remaining storm water, sewer and some power and hardstand packages.
- 5 Humes Storm-water Traps ( 25m x 25m) totaling 5000m3 storage capacity, under the heavy duty pavement.
- 2200Lm of RCP installed through sand and rock
- 5 Gross Pollutant Traps
The Hardstand Consisted of:
- 4000m2 of Light Duty Carpark
- 16000m2 Heavy Duty paving area 505mm thick
- 14500m2 Extra Heavy Duty Pavement area 700mm thick
All pavements were a combination of limestone layers, recycled road base and crushed rock base with a brick paver and 2 coat seal finish.